The 18th World Congress for Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy
The 18th World Congress for Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy will be held at the Hotel las Americas International Convention and Exhibition Center, which combines 251 Caribbean-style rooms and 279 rooms in a modern 10-story tower, with a Convention Center offering 7,500 square meters of flexible space. The Cartagena Las Americas Convention Center has environments with capacity for 900 to 5,000 guests, distributed in several types of scenarios: the Nueva Granada Room, the La Santa María Pavilion, the Plaza Mayor and the Plaza de la Independencia, in addition to the portals and gardens.
El Congreso 8th World Congress for Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy se llevará a cabo en el Centro Internacional de Convenciones y Exposiciones Hotel Las Américas, que combina 251 habitaciones tipo caribeño y 279 habitaciones en una moderna torre de 10 pisos, con un Centro de Convenciones que ofrece 7.500 metros cuadrados de espacio flexible. El Centro de Convenciones Cartagena Las Américas cuenta con ambientes con capacidad para 900 hasta 5.000 invitados, distribuidos en varios tipos de escenarios: el Salón Nueva Granada, el Pabellón La Santa María, la Plaza Mayor y la Plaza de la Independencia, además de los portales y jardines.
-What languages will be available for simultaneous interpretation?
There will be simultaneous interpretation in English and Spanish on both ways for all plenary sessions.
1. Participants from other countries: please enter the country with your passport, because you are exempt from paying local tax (19%) that applies to the payment of rooms. The VAT exemption does not apply to food and beverages.
2. It is necessary that your passport has an expiration date of more than 6 months.
3. Yellow fever: The Colombian authorities will require the yellow fever vaccine if you are going to visit tourist sites such as the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta National Park, the Tayrona Park and the different reserves of the Amazon.
4. Covid: Present the vaccination card with complete vaccination schedule that proves you have completed the vaccination schedule before 14 days prior to boarding or present a negative PCR test made in advance no more than 72 hours before boarding, or negative antigen test carried out no more than 48 hours before boarding. 5. Immigration format: the foreigner must make the migratory pre-registration Check-Mig up to 72 hours before the trip and until one hour before the trip. https://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co/check-mig. 6. Visa: among the countries that need a visa to enter Colombia are Belarus, Cape Verde, Congo, Ivory Coast, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Haiti, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Morocco, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Central African Republic, Rwanda, Senegal, Thailand, Tanzania, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe. If you need to see the full list of countries, you can find it here.
7. Always review documentation and formats with your travel agent.
TRAVEL TO CARTAGENA
Travel by air
The Rafael Núñez International Airport of Cartagena is located inside the urban area of the city in the Crespo neighborhood, just 10 minutes from the historic center and 15 minutes from the hotel zone of the city. Currently Rafael Nuñez Airport connects Cartagena de Indias with 8 national destinations: Bogotá, Cali, Medellín, Bucaramanga, Pereira, Montería and San Andrés, Cúcuta; and 11 internationals: Lima, Panama City, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, New York, Toronto, Montreal, Amsterdam, Orlando and Mexico and more connections via Bogota.
USE OF LOCAL TRANSPORT
Public transport from the airport to the city Centre operates 24 hours a day.
Taxi service operates 24 hours a day. City buses from 6:50 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
-Is there a currency exchange office at the airport
Yes, outside the airport, at national and international departures you will find the exchange office.
The gastronomic variety in this city is incredible...
There are restaurants of all kinds, but the star is the Creole and local Cartagena food that can be tried risk free in places like La Mulata, La Olla Cartagenera or La Casa de Socorro, or with a good egg arepa in any corner. For does with a little more avant-garde taste but who enjoy the essence, you can visit restaurants such as Erre, Carmen and Alma.
Due to its location in the Caribbean Sea, it is surrounded by paradisiacal islands which can be reached by land transport in less than 45 minutes.
Being a city with a wide tourist portfolio full of history, fun, museums, restaurants, hotels and places to visit. Cartagena has different tourist guides with which locals and foreigners can plan their city tour without missing any detail.
Cartagena is surrounded by ramparts, which have remained as a vestige of the multiple attacks of English pirates who came to Cartagena in search of rich treasures, for which King Philip IV of Spain also ordered the construction of other fortifications in the seventeenth century such as the Castillo San Felipe de Barajas and the Fort San Sebastián de Pastelillo, and that is why, Cartagena has been named Historical and Cultural Heritage of Humanity by Unesco.