Domestic Violence for Physicians and PAs
This course fulfills the Florida Board requirement for MDs and PAs for domestic violence training that discusses the categories, signs, and symptoms, and reporting obligations for known or suspected domestic violence cases. This course is also accredited by ACCME.
At the conclusion of this continuing education activity, the participant will be able to:-
- Define domestic violence
- Describe the various categories of domestic violence
- Identify underlying motivating factors that contribute to domestic violence
- Describe the prevalence of domestic violence in the United States
- Describe the phases of the domestic abuse cycle
- Identify groups at high risk for domestic violence
- Describe common characteristics of both domestic violence victims and perpetrators
- Identify common warning signs of domestic violence
- Describe best practices in screening for domestic violence and assessing the needs of domestic violence victims
- Identify the role of the health care professional in reporting domestic violence and assisting victims
2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Home Study Monograph
Disease State Management /
Pain Management / Substance Abuse
ACCME Activity # 202378488
CE Broker No. 20-761774
Activity Release Date
January 17, 2020
Activity Expiry Date
January 17, 2024
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Continuing Education Company, Inc. (CEC) and AchieveCE. Continuing Education Company, Inc. (CEC) is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Education Company, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Dr. Robert Surratt, MD is a Diagnostic Radiology Specialist in Jacksonville, Florida with over 36 years of experience in the medical field.
Financial Support Disclosure
This activity was developed by AchieveCE free of any commercial support. Dr. Robert Surratt, MD, faculty for this educational event, has no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
Requirements for Credit
Participants must score a passing grade of 70% or higher on the activity post-test and complete an activity evaluation. There are no time limits and unlimited test-taking attempts.