Obesity Management Module
Click book now to visit event page on IMA Website
Certificate provided - Course is Available in both Arabic & English
- You will be able to apply effective CBT, to problems of body weight, body image, weight cycling, eating & many related.
- You will be shown how to conduct a good assessment and make sense of the information you gather. You will have practice in doing so and have checklists to help you.
- You will know the importance of motivating the patient, know how to do it, and have a question list to use to help you.
- You will be able to help your patients to plan a life they want, involving healthy eating.
- An Overview of Bariatric Surgery and its Approaches Surgical Procedure Types Preparing for Bariatric Surgery:
- A series of preoperative assessment is done including, medical examination, nutritional assessment, behavioral assessment, and psychological assessment using a special questionnaire Helping Patients to Live Effectively with Bariatric Surgery.
- “Presurgical Lifestyle Program” Post-Operative Patient Care Addressing Surgical Complications: Physicians and patients should be aware of the physical and psychological side effects that can occur after Bariatric Surgery and how to manage Helping patients Prepare for Lifelong Weight Loss Success.
Course Lecturer: Dr. Wafaa Mehlba:
Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine Alex Univ 1980,
Master degree in Breast Cancer and obesity in 1988,
PhD in Behavioral and psychological aspects of obesity 2000.
Post doctor studies in obesity (Liverpool Univ.), Eating disorders, CBT, motivational interviewing Lifestyle medicine, cosmetic medicine, Laser in medicine and cosmetology, Non surgical body contouring and injection Lipolysis (UK-France -Germany -USA).
Worked in the Ministry of Health as a General Practitioner 1981-1988.
Founder and owner of WHAM clinics & Academy since 1989 till now.
Has participated in National and International Obesity Conferences and published many Researches in the International Medical Journals.
Head and founder of the Medical Association for the Study and Management of Obesity MASMO the first Obesity Association in the Middle East.
Course Duration: 160 Mins