"CBIC Exam Preparation Diploma"
- No. of Modules: 8 Modules
- No. of hours: 72 hours
- No. of Lectures: 18 lectures
- Quiz on each Module 2 Lectures Revision Final Examination.
- Study Sources.
- A comprehensive summary for APIC textbook.
- A comprehensive power point presentation for every lecture covering all information in the APIC textbook Post test after each lecture (questions from CBIC retired exams).
- CBIC Exams which are the official source of practice questions during the course
- Soft Copy of APIC text book
- Soft Copy of Certification Study Guide
- CBIC Secrets book
Module 1: Identification of Infectious Disease processes (3 lectures)
- Learning objectives and introduction to the CBIC exam Risk factors for Healthcare acquired infections Standard infection control measures
- Isolation Measures
- Identification of various infectious diseases ( Epidemiology ,Transmission ,Clinical features , Pathogenicity ,Diagnosis , treatment and Prevention)
Module 2: Employee /Occupational Health (2 lectures)
- Designing of Occupational health program
- Occupational hazards
- Immunizing agents and immunization schedules for healthcare personnel
Module 3: Preventing /Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents (3 lectures)
- Infection control in Dialysis unit
- Infection control in surgical services Infection control in dental services
- Infection control in CSSD Device-Associated infections
Module 4: Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation (2 lectures)
- General principles of epidemiology Outbreak investigation
- Surveillance methodologies
- Role of statistics in hospital epidemiology
Module 5: Management and Communication (1 lecture)
- Competency and certification of infection preventionists
- Accrediting and regulatory agencies
Module 6: Education and research (1 lecture)
- Education Basic principles in teaching and learning Research and study design
- Epidemiological studies
Module 7: Environment of Care (3 lectures)
- Environmental infection control Types of medical waste
- Linen services
- Air as a source of infection Water as a source of infection HACCP Principles
- Bio-terrorism agents
Module 8: Cleaning ,Sterilization ,Disinfection, Asepsis (1 lecture)
- Spaulding classification
- Properties and uses of commonly used disinfectants
120 Credit Hours: A Certificate from (SPC ACADEMY) authenticated by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry and can be authenticated by any other embassy.